Tuesday, March 6, 2007

car dealership

I followed her to the car dealership. We were going to drop off her car for some diagnostics and I was going to take her to work. On the phone the dealership told me it would be $22.95 for the diagnostic but when in the service bay the advisor said it would be $99.00. I initially fussed with the advisor for a second but my wife jumped in and said "wait a minute, you told him on the phone yesterday $22.95 but now your telling us $99, which is it?" The advisor said the person on the phone yesterday must have made a mistake, it is $99. She said then, "well, I am not spending $99 right now, I will have to come back some other time." They chatted a couple more lines as I just faded into the background.

I don't remember another time where in the presence of both of us she used the "I" pronoun instead of the "we" pronoun, not even sure she remembers doing it. But it was nice to see her confidence.

We are going through a tough time with our business. So, last night, she was in a depressed, kind of in an overwhelmed state of mind. In times past, I would just try and get into her space and try to coax a smile or joke out of her. But, with the "new me," I sensed she didn't need that, she needed to vent and respond in her own way. So, around 10pm, I asked her if it would be allright for me to just go and shower and get in bed. She said okay, I did, she eventually came to bed and I tried not to bother her. It was not easy but I felt it the right thing.

I know I am impatient at times, wish she would just formally acknowledge and go headlong into teasing/denial, corporal activities and other things, instead of just once in a while, but I have come to realize that she needs to get there in her own time, not artificially manufactured by my little hints and such A fellow on another page said it best.

The last thing I would say is that men tend to be highly impatient when it comes to wanting things how they want them. Getting to a FLR is a process. Allow it to unfold and maybe take some time to marvel at witnessing her coming into her own...and if you take a minute, marvel at your own unraveling as you let go of control.

Maybe she will call today just to have a little playful, sexual banter, to reinforce to me how I think she is wonderful and that she knows I think she is wonderful .........and not for us to try and solve all the worlds problems. She looked so good when she left this morning. I doubt it will happen, but there is always hope.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Buddy, at least you had the courage to come out and tell her about your submissive feelings. I found out by accident. I was going through my husband's gym bab looking for a little extra laundry to fill out a load. Instead, I found a pair of panties. I thought he was having an affair. When he told me they was his, I just laughted. It wasen't until I looked at the size "10" that I realized they really were is. At that point I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry. It then that John introduced me to the concept of a FLM. Three years later it may be working better for me than for him. Your wife needs a female friend, a dom type that she can relate to. Be warned though, the FLM is not an easy one for a guy. My husband John is kept on a short leash. When he complains I remind him that this is the life he wanted. Kathy

bud said...

yes, I think it would be great if she had another lady friend that was into LFA. there is another couple in our area who we will plan to have dinner with when all of our schedules align. Even online, it might be good for her to have a couple of "cyber Lady friends." thanks for the comment.