Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Interesting weekend. Saturday we needed to get pants for son. Off we went. I always enjoy shopping with Her as I now do not force the time issue, realize that just roaming around is fun for Her. But, on a mission for son, so the three of us spend about 45 minutes in mens section finding some nice things for him. When done, we (son and I) think we are headed out. But, She is drawn........like a cosmic force..... to the Womens area. Son gives me "the look!" I tell him we spent time on you lets now spend time on your Mom, shut up and get used to it, it is a lifetime thing. "I need another skirt for work," She proclaims. As a Woman and Mother, it is easier for Her to say "need" instead of "want" because She has spent all Her life sacrificing for the kids and me really. So, framed as a need means that She is not being selfish. Hurdle jumped in Her mind......... on our way.

We get to Womens section and I start hunting with Her. Even son joins in foray. She is at a rack really looking through and I say "let me hold that purse so you can really get in there two fisted!!" She normally, well most times, thinks I am a freak because it pushes a submissive button to carry Her purse. But, She just gave it to me and dove in to the racks. I headed in many directions without Her (purse in hand), different racks, knowing what She wanted. I came back with a few samples and son was hanging with Her and picked out a nice skirt and blouse. After trying them on, decided that outfit son selected was the right choice, and it was, really beautiful, nice color, can be worn with different blouses. lots of adaptability. We spent about the same time looking for Her as we did for son. It was nice, no agenda other than just being helpful. I asked Her if it felt good to Her that the two most important men in Her life were helping Her look for clothes and She just beamed and said, "Yes." I think She felt loved, cherished, special, not just a sexy wife (which She is that too).

Later, She and I actually played Scrabble, She loves it, I am too slow, keep trying to make 75 point words for each play. I got Her to agree to dominante me sexually, including spanking me if I won...........She won, why am I suprised!

Helpmate Hubby has a "What did you do on Labor Day?" thing on his blog. This is what we did on Monday. She loves going to beach, I hate it. Through years we have accomodated. Monday we got it set up that She and the three kids would go to beach and I would stay and prepare dinner for their return. She had been "jonesing" for some grilled chicken. Well I went to store, got chicken and other things and started at it. I do not know why it feels so good for me to be working at doing something She will appreciate while She is actually doing something else that She enjoys. Must be that "working for the Queen" thing. Don't know, just know I felt excited. My place was in the kitchen that day. So, as I do more and more cooking, alas, I get better (I never would have believed it ). So, I start making a side dish and decide to experiment and try some new things. I got real excited to think She, and kids, might like it. Anyway, long story short, they arrive, shower up, I get dinner on table, She comes in, sits at the head of the table and asks where Her drink was (I had it there already, She just overlooked it!!). Dinner served, was a home run, new dish was a hit. Everyone left table and took dishes into kitchen and stacked. We lounged, went on walk, lounged, She was just relaxing, having a great family time, as was I. As kids are older, not too often we are all together at one time for a meal and lounging together. As night wore on, I made way back to kitchen to start cleaning up, kind of just on autopilot. It occurred to me over sink...... that She was still in other room. Our normal way for years would be Her cleaning up, me helping, but Her doing all the work. Now, She is nowhere to be found. It is understood that it is my job and She doesn't even bat an eyelash.

I like doing things that make Her life better. Being an "engaged shopper," helping with meals, cleaning up, they make it easier for Her and I like doing the work for Her. She later said dinner was great and the whole weekend was really nice. I felt ten feet tall.

No comments: